The Youth Missionary is a young person who partners with their peers in planning and conducting the First Priority Strategy in their school and/or community. They are used by God to help their friends come to know Jesus Christ and start living their lives for Him. They operate under the guidance of their First Priority Coach.
A First Priority Youth Missionary Will:
- Meet with their First Priority Coach to plan the weekly strategy for the group’s meeting time and ministry teams. Failing to plan is planning to fail!
- Attend the First Priority gathering each week and encourage other young people to attend as well. Be faithful!
- Help recruit peers to attend FP gatherings and to join a Ministry Team. Be doers of the Word not hearers only!
- Help peers who have trusted Jesus Christ to get connected to a local Christian church as soon as possible. Be ready to help them grow!
- Use their influence to help keep their First Priority group focused on living and sharing the hope of Christ! Together with their First Priority Coach, they will help create an environment where young people in their school/community have the opportunity to come to faith in Jesus Christ and continue to grow in their relationship with Him. Keep it simple!
- Passionately pursue Christ-likeness with evidence of the fruit of the Spirit described in Galatians 5:22-23. Be committed to a personal pursuit of Christ-likeness, spending time with God in prayer, consistent in studying God’s Word, and faithfully worshipping with other believers. Becoming like Christ is our First Priority!
- Work with others in the spirit of unity as described in the prayer of Jesus in John 17:20-21 and in Romans 12:10-11. Be committed to lead by example within the First Priority group and outside the group at all times. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are teaching others to live and share the hope of Christ by the way we act, speak, and live.
Report attendance, decisions, stories, & pictures.